On Thanksgiving I managed to eat two full meals, which let's face it, really wasn't that hard. My mom's turkey and stuffing were awesome as always, and J.R.'s grandma's spread was great as well. I got to see both my grandmas, and my Aunt Allison, Uncle Bob and their awesome kids. Plus we scored some sweet deals on Black Friday, and we didn't even get up early to go. We got a digital picture frame for my parents for Christmas for $30! I love the thrill of a good deal.
Jackman opening a present with Daddy complete with Ute pride!
We spent New Years Eve the same way as we spent it last year... asleep in our bed by 10pm. We're not big New Years people.
January so far has brought one big milestone: Jack's 6 month birthday! We went to the doctor today and he weighs 17.5 lbs, is 25.5 inches, and has a huge melon, apparently. He is in the 87th percentile for head size. He will probably grow into it... right? He has been doing lots of new cute and interesting things this month so far: He figured out how to roll from his tummy to his back about a month ago, but he discovered this week how to go the opposite way from his back to his tummy, which is huge. He doesn't do it a lot, but I think it's because he becomes too engrossed in whatever he's doing to change to a different activity. We've started baby proofing the house, preparing for the inevitable event of crawling. He's been smacking his lips together like a little fish over and over, but we can't figure out why... it's hilarious though! He is still screaming and babbling like usual. He's started eating solid foods... we've been doing cereal in the morning and veggies at night, and he can't get enough of the big boy foods! When I started feeding him the cereal about a month ago I, for some reason, would always say, "Mmmmmmm!" with every bite, which apparently is catching, because now Jack says, "Mmmmmmm!" when he's eating the cereal! I love it! I am trying to teach him "Mama", "Dada", and also to wave. We have been playing this game where I say, "Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii LOVE you!" really loud to him and he squeals and laughs really hard... I don't know why he loves it so much, but he does! He loves baths, especially splashing the water with his hands and playing with the tub toys! He loves jumping in his bouncy horse, so much so that he will tired of being in there, but will continue to jump and jump, while crying, until I get him out. He is almost sitting up, but still falls over sometimes. He loves sitting and playing with his farm that he got for Christmas! He has started to scoot a little bit on his tummy with a little help from me.He has some strong, fat legs. He loves standing up and playing, and loves to bounce. He is grabbing everything he can get his little sausage fingers on. He loves taking swigs of water from a cup. He has got two little bottom teeth and you can see them now when he smiles! It cracks me up! He still loves the dogs, and I think they love him too. Well, that was really long, but at least it will help us remember all the funny and cute things Jack is doing these days!
Jackman and Ol' Red, his trusty steed.
Gus waiting for the inevitable... the biscuit thing to fall out of Jack's hands and on the floor, which was about 20 seconds after this picture was taken.
It's crazy how fast time goes. It's weird to say, but it feels like just yesterday, but also a lifetime ago, that I was in the hospital holding Jack for the first time. A friend of mine just had a baby the other day and it was amazing to see how little her baby is, and he was almost 2 lbs more than Jack when he was born! In a few short months Jack is going to be all over the place, walking around just like a little dude! I am so glad that I get to stay home with him every day and watch it all happen! I'm so lucky to have a husband that works so hard for us so that I can be a stay at home mom (my dream job). I love my life!
Ha! Love it. Jack and his trusty steed are, indeed, adorable.
ReplyDeleteYou are such a cute mom! I am jealous you got to DRIVE home for the holidays...we hope to be close enough to do that some day.
ReplyDelete